- Visit your doctor regularly to check your heart rate.
- Check your blood pressure regularly and take a blood test to measure your cholesterol level.
- Ask your doctor or dietician for nutritional advice.
- Stay active but avoid intensive endurance sports.
- Avoid, or consume in moderation, caffeine, alcohol and nicotine, which increase the risk of heart problems.
- Control your stress.
- Be aware that some medicines, including herbal and non-prescription medicines (such as St. John's wort, for example), contain substances that can aggravate heart rhythm disorders.